Saranac Lake, NY
Trudeau Institute. Inc., in Saranac Lake, NY has an exciting opportunity for a Laboratory Manager/Instructor in our contract research organization (TICRO). The candidate will work directly under the Chief Scientific Officer of TICRO BioServices (Trudeau Institute CRO) and be responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations, helping the CSO to generate quotes for upcoming studies, data analysis, figure generation, creation of study reports as well as supporting laboratory staff during experiments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages a team of technicians performing laboratory-based studies in Immunology and Infectious Disease Area
- Prepare, in collaboration with TICRO Chief Scientific Officer, study proposals including study design, materials and resource requirements, cost analysis and recommendations, as well as, overall project timeline plans
- Design and implement sound scientific protocols, standard operating procedures, and generate appropriate documentation for all studies
- Appropriately assist study sponsors with generating a scientifically sound, written and verbal interpretation of study results
- Monitor and drive projects through clear process development to completion with the team
- Statistical analysis of data and report generation
- Able to develop new or alternative infectious disease models for clients’ needs
- Generation and editing of IACUC and Biosafety protocols
- Oversee and participate in both the Clarkson University Immunology semesters at Trudeau Institute as well as co-teaching the Immunology course at Clarkson University
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of a Master’s degree required, Ph.D. (Immunology or related field) with MBA preferred. Must have an understanding of infectious diseases, immunology and a working understanding of mouse models.
The Trudeau Institute is a world renowned, research institution that offers competitive salaries along with a robust benefits package (including health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance and a generous employer retirement contribution). The Institute is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer encouraging women, individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans to apply.
Interested candidates should contact Dr. Marcia (Marcy) Blackman by text (518-524-1558) or e-mail (email@example.com) to arrange to meet at AAI.