Saranac Lake, NY
Trudeau Institute, an internationally acclaimed, cutting edge research Institute focused on understanding immunity to infectious diseases, has immediate openings for early/mid-level and more senior Principal Investigators. The Institute has recently expanded to develop Trudeau Research Network, consisting of productive, collaborative and strategic inter-disciplinary partnerships, including New York State, biomedical research institutions and private companies, with Trudeau as a hub. Trudeau Research Network features MD & PhD teams in multi-disciplinary clinical and pre-clinical research devoted to translation science and elucidating innovative mechanisms and strategies to combating diseases of global health.
A major emphasis relevant to these openings is vaccine development for protection against rapidly moving mosquito-borne viruses, respiratory diseases such as influenza, and other emerging infectious diseases. Other relevant areas of interest include elderly immunity, neonatal health, and biologics to mitigate impact of dangerous viruses. (Trudeau in addition is building our new tuberculosis R&D center, and a focus on drug-resistant bacteria is another theme. Please see our other postings.)
We have available early/mid-level and senior Principal Investigator positions for creative, experienced candidates with expertise in molecular viral immunity. The successful candidate will work as team leader within the Trudeau Research Network, working in a highly collaborative manner with members of the team, including academic, clinical and industry collaborators. The position will involve a broad range of activities, including experimental research, training and directing junior scientists, interaction with colleagues, participation in grants and contract preparation, networking and presentation of results at meetings and publications.
- PhD or MD/PhD with evidence of leadership skills and productivity. The candidate should have at least 4 years (early/mid-level position) or 10 years (senior position) of post-doctoral, research staff, and/or comparable industry experience.
- A team player with a desire to contribute to shared aims of a multi-disciplinary research team
- High level of dedication, enthusiasm and commitment to the mission of the Trudeau Research Network
- Interpersonal communication skills, managerial experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to network and establish new contacts
- Creativity, initiative, originality (able to think outside the box)
- Proven scientific independence
- Excellent command of the scientific literature, leading to identification of new partners, developing novel approaches and establishing new techniques.
- Breadth and nimbleness- capable of quickly adapting knowledge and skills to addressing new challenges
- Expertise in molecular approaches to viral immunity
- Experience with molecular techniques and analysis of data generated by Next Generation Sequencing, ChiP, CRISPR, shRNA knockdown, etc. is desirable
- Ability to generate custom mouse models using precision genome engineering approaches, such as CRISPR/Cas9 is desirable
- Experience with pre-clinical animal models and clinical research is desirable
Trudeau Institute is located in an affordable, small town environment in the midst of the beautiful Adirondack Mountains in New York State. On-campus housing situated on a recreational lake is available. We offer competitive salaries along with a robust benefits package (including health, dental, life and long term disability insurance and a generous employer retirement contribution). The Institute is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer encouraging women, individuals with disabilities, minorities and veterans to apply.
Interested candidates should contact Dr. Marcia (Marcy) Blackman by text (518-524-1558) or e-mail (email@example.com) to arrange to meet at AAI.