San Diego, CA
BioLegend is looking for a Technical Service Scientist with an Immunology background to respond to technical related customer and distribution emails and phone calls, contributing to technical writing of marketing literature and website content, and participating in business development, marketing, and sales activities such as attending tradeshows and generating new leads while interacting with other departments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Providing technical information and troubleshooting help, via telephone and emails, and providing customer follow up
- Utilizing scientific skills to provide product related education to the customers and to help identify potentially non-conforming products based on available data
- Contribute to the updating of scientific contents on the company website in terms of posters, product data sheets, and web tools under tight deadlines.
- Identifying potential new products or product lines and attending scientific meetings and trade/vendor shows
- Careful and diligent documentation of any and all of technical issues in compliance with ISO requirements
- Quality of Work
Minimum Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a biological sciences related area
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with troubleshooting in multi-color flow cytometry (at least six colors)
- Strong Immunology background and the ability to effectively search and read primary literature
- Knowledgeable of research tools, including website databases and instrumentation
- Software skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Flow cytometry software
Preferred Qualifications – Education and Experience
- PhD/Postdoc experience
- Experience with Western Blotting, Immunofluorescence, Immunohistochemistry, ELISA, and multiplex assays is also welcome
- Experience with Salesforce logging and documentation of customer cases
For more information, please contact Stephanie Walsh at BioLegend.